Click here to be redirected to the Journal of Band Research site.
School Band Directors may be interested in an ABA position paper that was generated by the ABA School Bands Task Force, Bill Gora, chair, and adopted at the 2006 ABA convention. If so, click below.
School Bands: Goals
The purpose of the project is to convince a music publisher to issue a new bandstration of an out-of-print composition. The score (PDF ) and audio recording (MP3) will be reviewed by an eleven-person joint Committee of ABA/CBDNA, and if the composition is found to be a significant contribution to the repertory of the concert band/wind ensemble by a three-fourths majority of the Committee, an effort will be made to have it reprinted by a reputable music publisher.
The ABA/CBDNA "Reprint Project" is only open to ABA and/or CBDNA members. Non-members of both associations who wish to have a composition considered must seek sponsorship from an ABA or CBDNA member.
To submit a piece (pdf of the score and mp3 file), email the project chair, Tim Rhea.
A list of the compositions submitted for consideration by the Reprint Committee may be read if you email the chair, Tim Rhea.
The success of this project depends upon a commitment of ABA/CBDNA members and other band conductors throughout the world to purchase the reprinted compositions for their own band music libraries.
- 2017-18 ABA Candidate Profiles
- 2018 ABA Convention Website
- Membership Renewal, Contributions, & Pins
- Harris Fund & ABA Foundation Contributions
- ABA Position Paper Available
- The Sousa/ABA/Ostwald Contest
- University of Michigan’s 200th Anniversary
- Pictures and Program from the 2017 ABA Convention
- Announcing the 2017 Edwin Franko Goldman Memorial Citation
- A Message from the President
Future Convention Dates
Fort Worth, Texas
March 7-10, 2018
2018 Convention Website: https://aba2018.com/
March 6-9, 2019
Embassy Suites Loveland